Visitec Australian and New Zealand Standards Information
- All reflective tape used on Visitec Workwear garments is 3M Brand for superior reflectivity and quality.
- All polo shirts comply to AS/NZS4399, AS/NZS4602,AS/NZS1906.4.
- Singlets comply to AS/NZS4602,AS/NZS1906.4 and the fabric used complies to AS/NZS4399.
- All drill workwear complies to AS/NZS4399.
- All hi-vis drill workwear complies to AS/NZS4602 and AS/NZS1906.4 for natural fibre garments.
- All garments with reflective tape applied comply to AS/NZS4602 and the tape complies with AS/NZS1906.4.
- All safety vests comply to AS/NZS4602 and AS/NZS1906.4.
- All winter wear complies to AS/NZS4399, AS/NZS1906.4 and AS/NZS4602.
- All wet weather wear complies to AS/NZS4399, AS/NZS1906.4 and AS/NZS4602.
- All garments carry clear neck labelling with conformance numbers listed.
- All garments in catalogue are shown with the respective Standards Medals.
THE SAFETY STANDARDS HAVE CHANGED AND SO HAVE WE.
How has the change in AS/NZS 4602.1 affected high visibility apparel?
VISITEC tested all it's current styles and new styles for compliancy to the new ASNZS 4602.1. We hold compliant testing certificates for all styles in our 2012 catalogue.
To help you better understand this change in standards we have explained the two easiest ways to identify noncompliant garments...
THE AREA OF HIGH VISIBILITY MATERIAL
THE SIDE PANEL
The high visibility material needs to encircle the entire circumference of the torso therefore rendering
a full side panel noncompliant...
The Visitec singlet (VSM) has been a popular basic item for years, but after testing to the new safety standard it failed compliance and so a new design had to be created to replace the old non compliant style.